Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Out of Alignment

I report on my own health today, and what I've been doing instead of blogging.

My health: I have something called "Sacrum dysfunction". One of my hips is higher than the other, which is not normal for me. This has caused some thingy to be pulled away from something that it normally touches, and this is bad, and causes much pain. It is, as the kids say, "teh suck". The solution is to put a thingy (a completely different thingy than the one in my hip) in my shoe to fix my gait, and painkillers. I am enjoying the painkillers very much. Tramadol is my new best friend.

What I've been doing: My sister's bridal shower was this past Sunday. It was terrific! Of course the centerpiece cake that I had planned got completely ruined, because, hey, *you* try baking 3 cakes in one day when you keep wondering if the pain shooting down your leg is going to make you vomit. Still, no one knew that there was supposed to be one, so the individual orange cakes in bittersweet ganache, the almond cupcakes with lemon frosting, the bakery cookies, the sugar-free-crustless cheesecake, and the chocolate cake with raspberry and chocolate frosting seemed like a complete set. OK, I'm bragging because I baked a lot of yummy stuff. The friends who helped me decorate were invaluable, and I couldn't have finished what I did without the help of my sister. Good thing that party wasn't a surprise.

So, back to my health - Sunday night I was in no condition to watch the Democrats debate. Tell me, who do *you* think won?

WCTC in New Brunswick asked people to call in yesterday with the answer to this question: "If the election were tomorrow, who would you vote for?". The people who called in to say that they'd vote for Al Gore pissed me off. Maybe at some point he will announce that he's running, I can't say. I can say that tomorrow, he wouldn't be on the ballot. I guess they could write him in...

*sigh*

No comments: