Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Thought We Were Getting Somewhere

That'll teach me to think.

Middle East Mediators Discuss Blair Appointment

Seriously? Why aren't you kidding me?
However, Hamas said Blair was not welcome because of his role in supporting U.S.-led wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Um, yes.
Many Arabs see the Bush administration as biased against the Palestinians.
See, now this is the place where I thought we might be making progress ("we", being the entire world). I don't believe that the Bush administration should still be speaking for us as a country, but sadly, they are. Even so, no one can deny that Palestinian violence has been escalating as a direct result of Israel pulling out of Gaza. Sure, Israel's pulled some awful stunts, anti-humanitarian wise over the years, I can't deny that any more than people can deny that a region under the influence of the Israeli government remains more stable than the crazy-ass horse shit going on between Fatah and Hamas. And whoever else wants to kidnap people, line people up in the streets to shoot them, and use 6-year-old boys to carry bombs.

That is *not* status quo for Israel, don't you even try to tell me that they're just as bad.

OK, I've gotten off point. Blair has the reputation of being Bush's lap dog, and Bush has the reputation of being a complete moron about international affairs and the middle east. I'm going to go ahead and say that I think that appointing Blair as an envoy to the middle east is a stupid idea.

No comments: