Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Time for me to talk about something

I want to talk about George Bush. I want to talk about Neocons, and Jews, and the president. My dad, when faced with the giant hole our economy is in, and how we've lost all the good will of almost every country on earth, he says, (out loud), "Well, at least the Bush administration is a friend of Israel".

I want to clear this up, right now. NO THEY'RE NOT. They support Israel, yes, with weapons, and money and words, and everything they would need from us, which is good, but the reasoning behind it.... ah, the reasoning behind it is why I'm so freakin' worried about how the world will continue when we're gone.

If you're a radical Christian, the kind I define as "Anyone who thinks I'm going to burn in hell literally", then you probably believe that Israel has to be under the control of the Jews in order for the Messiah to come. They're leaving us there just becuase of some wacky prophecy that says that their perfect world won't happen if Israel isn't Jewish.

This scares me to no end. Really. People with strong faith scare the crap out of me in the first place, but people who believe that "in the end" one group is going to be favored over the other just because scare everything else out of me, too. Shouldn't we all just try to live our lives as decent people, not purposely hurting others if we can help it? I mean that. SHouldn't we at least *try* to be as good a person as we can, without worrying what the reward will be, afterwards? Wouldn't the world be a better place if people at least tried?

I don't think that the President wants to believe that people who aren't Christian might have an OK afterlife. I think that Christianity truly has a stranglehold on his brain. Not that I know when the heck that happened! The man certainly had a lack of visible morals regarding drug and alcohol use in his younger days. But my point is, I don't think that you can deal fairly with another person when you really believe that someday that other person is going to go to hell.

That ain't right.

No comments: