Wednesday, September 29, 2004

The Apple A Day Plan

Whoa.

From http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/pr_2004_0921.pdf:

Small businesses will have a new option to buy the same health plan available to members of Congress. John Kerry will allow small businesses to buy into the same group health plan as Members of Congress. This will allow small businesses to get better prices available to big groups. It will also reduce their administrative costs, as they won’t have to shop for or administrate their plan.


Wacky! I mean, really unexpected! Use *government* to *help* people?

OK, my sarcastic-Democrat side is showing. Still, I think this is a really clear, really good idea. And I expect that it's the kind of thing that kills a campaign. People don't like radical new plans. They expect to hear complicated things that they don't understand, and that they know won't work in the end. This whole "let small businesses join the Congress' helth care plan", it sounds too simplistic, too good to be true. I wish I could read more details on it, really. More meat! About my health care plans!

I'm going on about this idea being a good one, but thinking about it, it wouldn't make one bit of difference to me. I work for a BIG company. We have a BIG health care plan. And yet, this year, my prescription drugs, which were previously $5.00 for 3 months worth, are now $50.00 for three months worth. There's an increase for you. And I'm getting bills for services that, according to my documents, are covered. And, most of all, I'm on my second appeal of a decision where my health care provider has denied coverage on the last three days of a six-day hospital stay in April.

So forget that part about me wanting more information about small businesses and their future options - give me the candidate who's going to make it illegal for HMOs to nay-say your doctors. It's pissing me off.

Wow! This has spun wildly out of control. And I posted it, anyway.

No comments: