Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What I Want

I want a government that aligns with my opinions. I want a government that cares about taking care of the needy, without eliminating the ability to earn more than the average as an individual. I want a government that makes laws to ensure people's freedoms, rather than ensure that some people's religious convictions are forced on all people in a terrified attempt to not offend.

I want a government who follows a basic humanistic outlook, that won't try to govern my own choices about my body, that won't continue to pander to the oil companies for personal gain, that has experience helping to make decisions for large groups of people, keeping the good of the many in mind, rather than the good of the few.

I want to be able to vote for candidates that I actually feel represent me, and how I think we should run our country.

I want what I cannot have. I will have to settle.

No comments: