Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Used to be a Good Writer

Lately I haven't had the time or the will to write the kind of essays that I used to. I used to spend time carefully crafting my paragrahs, espousing my opinion as clearly as I could. After a while, I realized that all of my major points had been made, but the world remains so stupid, in so many ways. Rather than make the effort to write something new, I think I'm just going to quote one of my old postings, because let me tell you, I'm re-reading them, and they really are pretty damn good.

From my review of the October 10, 2004 Presidential debate (written October 11,2004):
I don't think that religion has a single place in government policy. Don't give me any crap about the idea that morals aren't religion. Why the hell does the president get away with saying that destroying a life to save a life is wrong, when he sends our soldiers TO WAR? What, it's better to end a life at the 18-22 mark rather than the "not actually a viable organism" stage? An embryo that has never taken a step, or said a word, or learned ANYTHING is to be saved, but soldiers can be disposed of like paper plates? You know what? Anyone supporting this inconsistent position can bite me. Right on my big white behind.
See what I mean? Pithy!

No comments: