Monday, May 8, 2006

My Prerogative

I keep thinking about how changing your mind on an issue based on the way the situation plays out, or new evidence being brought to light is a sign of intelligence and maturity.

Changing a position based on popular approval for that position, and not on analysis or conviction is a sign of a weak mind.

Holding steadfast to a position despite people showing you evidence that it's the wrong tack to take shows me that you'd rather hold your breath and stamp your foot than accept reality and work with the rest of the world. Obviously, I am not counting this among the mature or intelligent options.

Shamelessly catering to the whims of the populous is not the same thing as changing your position because you feel it's the right thing to do. Accusing people of flip-flopping, and the fact that it's still going on everywhere, pisses me off.

No comments: