Monday, August 15, 2005

Sense and Insensibility

Perhaps we've met or perhaps we dated in the nineties. Either way, you're probably shocked to find little old moi guest blogging a casa Tami. Jazz tossed me a set of keys to this joint and I gotta say: this rocks.

Much of life is a series of I.Q. tests interrupted by frequent whacks to the back of one's head for some incomparably stupid action. Yesterday the weather was sunny, so I tooled around town in my convertible with the top down. It was a lovely hour in which I was happy to be alive. Then, because I was distracted by shiny objects, I put the roof up but neglected to lock it down and last night it rained. This morning, I felt pretty stupid but hey, humans are stupid, and nobody was hurt by my foolishness.

Any acknowledgement that people are stupid does not give people in power license to mull stuff over, consult the lawyers and revise the rules we live by to enable greater stupidity. We count on our government to meddle in our lives on the side of safety, so it's a little shocking to read that perhaps the TSA might loosen its tie after dinner and try this. It was always dumb to confiscate nail scissors and clippers. Can we admit to that? I hope so. That's sensible. When we're discussing bows and arrows, I'd like to remind you: much of life is a series of I.Q. tests, interrupted by frequent whacks to the back of one's head for some incomparably stupid action.

I don't mind mussing up my coif, but I would mind the mark this silliness could leave.

- Tata

No comments: