Saturday, August 13, 2005

Leaving The Inmates In Charge Of The Asylum

So, I'm sitting here minding my own business and the next thing I know Jazz sends out the call -
Party at Tami's place, and Tami's not home!
Who could pass up an invitation like that? I can't, of course, so I figured I'd grab a bottle of Kentucky's finest and head on over. It's always fun to spend time at someone else's place - I just hope she has a comfortable couch.
To be just a wee bit more serious, I should note that Jazz and Tami were probably the first two writers to notice my efforts when I hung out my shingle, so it's a special thrill to have the opportunity to join Jazz while Tami's playing hooky. Being the shy type that I am, though, I'll probably just stand over here in the corner for a bit, but you can expect me to join the conversation in short order. Until then, enjoy the bourbon, and if you get hungry you may want to try one of these tasty Hot Brown sandwiches.

No comments: