Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I'm ba-a-ack!

Yup, this is Not The One True Tami. It's me, Frogsdong. Thought you were rid of me, didn't you? Let's get this party started:

One night, George W. Bush is tossing restlessly in his White House bed when he awakens to see George Washington standing by him. Bush asks him, "George, what's the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Set an honest and honorable example, just as I did," Washington advises, and then fades away.

The next night, Bush is again having trouble sleeping when he sees the ghost of Thomas Jefferson moving through the darkened bedroom. Bush calls out, "Tom, wait! Tell me, what's the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Respect the Constitution, as I did," Jefferson advises, and fades away.

For a third night Bush can't sleep. He opens his eyes to see the ghost of FDR hovering over his bed. Bush says, "Franklin, what's the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Help the less fortunate, just as I did," FDR replies and fades away.

On the fourth night, Bush isn't sleeping well again when he sees the ghost of Abrhama Lincoln moving in the shadows.

Bush calls to him, "Abe, what is the best thing I can do right now to help the country?"

Lincoln says, "Go see a play..."

No comments: