Friday, October 9, 2009

Give Peace a Chance?

OK, the comments at the Washington Post about Obama winning the peace prize are much harsher than what I would say, but underneath the vitriol, there is at least a point.

I like the President, I do. I think that he's trying very hard to turn around a country that was basically strip-mined by the previous administration. They took all they could as fast as they could without worrying about who else might need that, or if we'd be able to replenish the supply, and the new administration is basically screwed on getting things up and running quickly or efficiently; it just can't happen. Still, I have faith. I see less obvious evil floating around these days than I used to.

Still, I wouldn't have granted Obama the Nobel Peace Prize. When I heard the news on the radio this morning, I was stunned into the realization that there are people in the world who hated the fact that GWB was our President even more than I did. I kind of feel like the award was given to Obama for the virtue of not being GWB.

No comments: