Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So it *is* an Act of War, Then

Israel calls Hizbollah capture of soldiers act of war
MARJAYOUN, Lebanon (Reuters) - Hizbollah guerrillas captured two Israeli soldiers and killed up to seven Israelis in violence on either side of the Lebanese border on Wednesday, further inflaming Middle East tensions.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert described the Hizbollah attacks as an "act of war" by Lebanon and promised a "very painful and far-reaching" response.

I have previously said this:
We have a militant group kidnapping a soldier, which if you ask me, seems like the kind of stunt that people pull when they're trying to start full-blown wars.

This is not an item I want to be correct about. I am possibly doubly alarmed about the fact that this particular kidnapping was committed by Hizbollah, and the one I previously spoke of was Hamas. The number of terrorist organizations that would call themselves governments continues to worry me.

No comments: