Thursday, April 5, 2007

I Love the Internets

...and what they can do for targeted marketing.

Yes, I just got an email from Lawry's, makers of the seasoned salt that I keep in my pantry. Recipies! Inspirations from their test kitchens!

I am very amused, and now I find myself wondering what's in the Lawry's seasoned salt. I assume paprika, because it's orange...

OK, I looked it up: Salt, Sugar, Spices Including Paprika and Turmeric, Onion, Cornstarch, Garlic, Tricalcium Phosphate (Prevents Caking), Paprika Oleoresin (For Color), Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin. Contains NO M.S.G.

Hmmm. I don't like it when an ingredients listing tells me what's not in there. Like the hair conditioner that says on it "contains no wax". You know it says that because it's waxy enough that people would ask.

So, back to the seasoned salt. I could do without the sugar, and the cornstarch, the soy lecithin and the nebulous "natural flavor". Maybe I'll just buy a bottle of turmeric and see if I can't mix up my own. Salt, paprika, onion & garlic I've got.

Now I'm depressed. I liked that stuff.

No comments: