Friday, June 23, 2006

I Know It's Not Cheese

Don't' worry, cheese is coming, It is, after all, Friday.

Ran across this today, though, and I really liked it. A snippet:
Women's interests are not frivolous and irrelevant.

My interests are important. Why?

Because I'm a member of society, I work, I vote, I pay taxes, and I say so.
The post is about knitting. I don't knit, but I do crochet. I do it because it keeps my hands busy when I'm sitting around in the evening, and unlike video games (which I shamelessly love), if I crochet long enough I get useful things out of it. Last year I made myself a chenille blanket - Queen sized. This year I made a tiny baby blanket, and I'm about a third of a way into another. I know it'll make me happy to see them tucked around my friends' children.

I see nothing frivolous about a craft that allows you to make things that people need.

No comments: