Friday, June 16, 2006

Dairy Motherlode!

How in the world did it get to be Friday, already? I know I complain about work a lot, but rarely do I have a week where I work ridiculously hard and then never get to go home to my own computer, afterwards. It's been a week of crazy followed by busy. No wonder I got cranky!

Still, I've started this tradition, see, of the Friday Cheese Blogging. I don't know how many of you like it, but I love it. This week I decided to see if anyone else was as dedicated (I suspected that they must be) and I discovered About.com's cheese of the week. Sure, it's outdated, but come on, it's not like the Kashkaval's gone bad!

Kashkaval
A Tangy Sheep's Milk Cheese
Kashkaval cheese photo
Country and Region of Origin: Bulgaria

Type of Cheese: A pasteurized, pasta filata, sheep's milk cheese.

Texture: Semi-firm.

Rind: Smooth and waxy.

Tasting Notes: A straw-colored, salty, tangy, sharp cheese.

Wine Pairing: Serve with a young, full-bodied red wine such as a Merlot.

Serving Suggestions: Serve on a cheese board or as part of an appetizer with olives, or stuffed grape leaves or with other piquant foods.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read the Progressive Patriots web site, pointed out to me by DC Peaches.

No comments: