Tuesday, March 1, 2005

A Move I Actually Approve Of

Rather than always post about things I disagree with, I try to every once in a while put up a post about something that I actually support. Today, I support not killing minors.

High court: Juvenile death penalty unconstitutional
The 5-4 decision throws out the death sentences of about 70 juvenile murderers and bars states from seeking to execute minors for future crimes.

The executions, the court said, were unconstitutionally cruel.
Yes, cruel. Snuffing out a life before it's even had 18 years to develop into something cohesive seems utterly wrong to me. Good going, Supremes!

Surprisingly, I'm not anti-death penalty. I am, however, very much in favor of only using it under the most severe circumstances. It's a heavy subject, and that should never be forgotten. Without life, there's no hope, and snuffing out hope should always be the very last resort.

No comments: