Monday, January 10, 2005

Good Samaritan

Warning - I've gone all warm and fuzzy about my employer.

Sometimes I wonder about working for a big corporation. Is it the kind of company that I'm proud to represent. Most of the time, my answer is "yes". I may not support the kinds of political candidates that my company is rumored amongst us to support, but I am proud of the amount of tsunami relief that they've (we've?) donated:

UPS tsunami disaster relief

The press release doesn't go in to detail, but the airlift support numbers alone come to 2.5 million. Plus, there's a program where they'll match employee donations (up to a certain amount) to the Red Cross and Unicef.

Besides the fact that I'm grateful that they pay me to play with computers, I'm also really glad that they take responsibility for helping out the less fortunate. It's nice to feel that way.

No comments: