Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Getting In to the Jealousy Issues

 I used to believe that our love was strong enough that it could withstand anything, even if you opened your heart to more people. None of those people would ever be me. 

None of those people would ever have the history that we have. 

They would have their own connection with you, but they wouldn't have *our* connection. 

But today you forgot that we scheduled a phone call. Forgot. It's been more than a week since we've had a good face-to-face chat, and I was really looking forward to it. You weren't excited enough about it to remember that we'd even made the plans. 

*You* chose the day. If you were considering letting the wind and your date take you where it may, you could have chosen a different day. But you didn't. Planning a date is a promise. Not being available for it without a tangible reason is an insult. You weren't just late, you went radio silence. That's an insult. 

You've never, ever treated me like this, even when you were married to someone else, and I was a secret. 

Now, I'm afraid that our connection got severed, but the cut was so far away that I didn't get to see when it happened. 

No comments: