Friday, August 31, 2007

Slow Tami Week

Sorry for the lack of writing, folks, I've been all self-indulgent and panicky about my medical life. I'm having an IVC filter put in me. Jeebus, but that picture scares the living crap out of me. And what the hell is that they're using for scale, a 20 pence coin? How the hell big is one of those?

OK, Tami, stop, breathe slow, think about something else.

Tony Snow is stepping down.

NBC is possibly shooting themselves in the foot.

Science can be pretty, but I don't think it's (in and of itself) art. This is not to say that you can't make art from scientific building blocks, but only when you're using them to actually represent something else, or form a new pattern, or... Never mind. I might not know art, but I know what I like, and it's not a printout of a DNA pattern on my wall.

No comments: