Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Still Not Able to Get Serious

This summer, I was addicted to a reality show. I know, I've left you gasping for air, and you can't believe that I said that, but it's true. Which one? Dancing With the Stars. Holy cow, did I enjoy that show. And I voted, every week! I fully admit that had I known that Kelly Monaco stood a chance of winning, I would have voted for John O'Hurley, but I thought I was sticking up for the underdog! She was just so cute in her determination to get better - like a Scottie dog or something. And she *did* get better.

Wow. I didn't realize I could talk so much about that. Don't worry, I've cut myself off.

Anyway, in between my catch-up reading in the political arena (e.g. Forrester still isn't a guy I want to vote for, searching our bags is really iffy when you think about the fourth amendment), I popped over to the Washington Post and found this delightful piece of writing:

Might as Well Dance
"I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance," said the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, who had so many pithy things to say about dance that I've come to think of him as "Twinkletoes." Another of his aphorisms: "I do not know what the spirit of a philosopher could more wish to be than a good dancer."
The point of the article rang true - when things are grim, dancing's the thing to do.

No comments: