Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Feel Naive

I keep hoping that the current administration is suddenly going to start acting reasonable, and that things are going to level off right in the middle of the road, where they should be most of the time, anyway.

Something I heard on the radio this morning made me start thinking about this. Someone was reading the news, and they were saying how the call for more troops doesn't meet approval with "the Democrats", but the fact is that what we're doing now isn't working, and many people agree that just suddenly pulling out of Iraq would absolutely not work, so something in the middle, maybe even this exact proposed surge, could be the option to put Iraq and the U.S. in a better place.

It's not that I'm sure that I agree with this, it's just that I was so pleasantly surprised to hear it phrased as reasonable suggestions instead of straight slanderous insults that I'm thrown off of my usual game.

Or maybe I'm just a Pollyanna.

No comments: