Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Suddenly, I Remembered the Environment

I don't know about you, but I personally feel like we should have just a wee bit of respect for the land we live on. I don't mean Earth ceremonies or anything, where we all dance in a circle around hard boiled eggs while waving palm fronds, though, don't worry.

No, I just mean that perhaps it's in our best interest as humans to support groups that watch over what our government is doing, ecology wise, and deals with issues through legal channels, just like we all said that we would when we took Civics class in the 8th grade.

Don't know any like that, you say? Let me point you at the Western Watersheds Project, then, as they've recently been pointed out to me.
The mission of Western Watersheds Project is to protect and restore western watersheds and wildlife through education, public policy initiatives and litigation.
See, I understand that everyone has a life, and that we can't all be out there fighting every battle every day, it's just not possible. It is possible, though, to support other people who are fighting fights you approve of, in ways you approve of.

It's downright reasonable, isn't it?

No comments: