Thursday, May 26, 2005

Getting What I Want

OK, I've been reading Enlighten New Jersey. You might have guessed. It's important to me to see what people that I disagree with are saying, especially because I want to know *why* they believe what they do. Today they point to a piece on Michelle Malkin about Social Security.

I think that's the first time I've ever linked to Michelle Malkin!
BusinessWeek says Congress and the White House are inching toward a compromise on Social Security. Private accounts will not be part of the plan. Instead, the compromise would include (a) reducing the rate of growth in benefits paid to upper-income beneficiaries (as President Bush has suggested) and (b) sharply increasing taxes on upper-income taxpayers (i.e., those that earn more than $80,000 $90,000 per year).
BusinessWeek is less upset about it than Malkin is, by the way.

Anyway, this is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I think this will help. I think this will help, and this is what might happen. What's the catch?

No comments: