Thursday, February 1, 2024

Political is Personal

I'm going to get personal. I am anti-war. I do not want anyone shooting at anyone else, for any reason. I am pro human. Yet an American posting "Support for Palestine" feels like a giant slap in my face. 

There's not a nation called Palestine. It's an intellectual construct of a pre-biblical area that has modern country borders drawn throughout it. Israel may only be legitimized by some drawings that the British made after WWII, but it was an actual form of legitimacy of *some* kind on the international stage. 

You know what a Palestinian born in Jordan is? A Jordanian. Anyone born in Libya is Libyan  same idea for Yemen, Egypt, all of it.

I do not call myself a Jew Living in America, I call myself an American who is Jewish.

I do not wish for the IDF to wipe all Palestinians off the Earth. Jews don't have well-known chants calling for that. Are there some? I don't know them. There is a very well-known chant, "From the river to the sea", and the very meaning of it is promoting genocide of the Jewish people. Because they say that we're evil.

I'm not evil, I'm regular. I have some good points and some bad points, and I'm normal.

I believe that Hamas is starving their own people to death in order to convince the world that Israel is a genocidal evil entity.

If even one more person that I know shows a "support for Palestine" image, my head will explode. 

The minute Hamas gained control of the Gaza Strip, the digging of offensive tunnels started, and bombs started flying in to southern Israel at random. 

Maybe I've been tricked, but these are the first hand accounts from old friends. I won't mind losing a few new ones if I have to. 

Still, all I really want is for people to give peace a chance. 

No comments: