Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tough News Night

I noticed last night that the news was all about people being shot and dying. ALL about people being shot and dying. The local news has not been happy lately.

If you know me at all, you know that when the going gets tough, I get baking. This weekend's project was the King Arthur Flour Ancient Grains Blend bread recipe. See the blog post about it, here, if you like.

The picture on the blog is high, light-colored, and very white-bread looking. Mine is not. I can attest, though, to the bread being delicious. I marvel at the fact that it weighs a ton, so is very satisfying, and at its astonishing 5 grams of protein per serving. Astonishing! Anyway, did I mention that mine does not look like white bread?

Ancient Grains Bread Sangwich

Yeah, I probably should have taken that out of the sandwich bag before photographing. I'm really lazy. The sandwich, by the way, is pesto, american cheese, and low-salt ham. I haven't tasted it yet, but it sounded pretty genius when I was putting it together this morning while the coffee brewed.

Ah, there you go, a whole 3-5 minutes without thinking about people getting shot. You're welcome.

No comments: