Friday, September 2, 2005

Republicans, Charity

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole Republican "small government" idea isn't supposed to be that no one gives to charity, right? It's just supposed to be that people give to charities privately, that helping people is organized through non-government groups and religious institutions, right?

So, if this is the case, if these Republicans who are running our country feel this way, here's what I want to know: How much are they giving, personally? Congress has approved a massive amount of money for relief, and that's great in my opinion, but the Republicans aren't supposed to think so.

I just went into my monthly budget and figured out what I can give up so I can shoot the Red Cross another donation. Because every time I see the news I find myself thinking that I haven't done enough, yet.

I hope our fine politicians who supposedly think that giving is personal are feeling the same way.

No comments: