Thursday, May 17, 2007

Faith in My Fellow New Jersians

I've long maintained that the average New Jersey resident is often a bit less idiotic than people who choose to settle elsewhere. I've also stated that people in NJ are bitter, and in a hurry, and I like it that way, but I'm losing my point.

Hopefully, the fires are dying down.
Rain aids battle against N.J. wildfire
LITTLE EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. - A rainstorm Wednesday night helped firefighters make progress against a blaze that apparently began when a military jet dropped a flare on a bombing range. Officials were hoping to determine at daybreak whether the blaze had been contained.
Well, that's fine, you say, but what has that got to do with the price of an intelligent New Jersey resident in China? Hang on, it's coming:
"I didn't grab anything but the cat and myself, and we scrammed," said Helen Sura, who spent a sleepless night with her pet, aptly named Smoky, in a Burger King parking lot.
That's, right, she grabbed the cat and scrammed. Someone told her that staying where she was could make her dead, so she got the hell out of dodge.

In my opinion, if someone tells you that staying where you are could kill you, you should get out of there, therefore, people who follow this advice are not idiots. QED.

No comments: